Friday, June 01, 2007

SECRET PLANS

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: 2 Samuel 22:29-36

You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great.

SECRET PLANS

Have you ever planned something and tried to keep it a secret? That is what our son and I are working on. Bill is planning to take his two children, Kailyn and Nathan, to Gatlinburg. Can you keep a secret? I am going with them.

Kailyn and Nathan are so excited about going and have talked and talked about their plans and the cabin they are going to stay in. And the hot tub. And the aquarium they are going to visit. And just sitting on the porch and using the rocking chairs. Yes, they are excited about going. They are going to stop and tell us goodbye before they leave.

I am excited, because when they stop to say goodbye, I am going to get in the car and go with them. I cannot wait to see the look on their faces.

God has made so many plans for us, but He has not kept his plans a secret. He wants to turn our darkness into light. He is our shield! He is our rock! And he stoops down to make us great!

I bet God has an extremely big smile on His face when we say, "We are going along with you."

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you know what plans God has for you? How can you discover those plans? Have you told Him you want to be a part of His journey?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from you heart.

LET US PRAY

My Shield, My Rock, You have a plan for me. You created me. You made me special and unique. You made me one of a kind. You stoop down for me. For me. To make me great. What can I do for you? What is my part in your plan? Teach me to listen and hear your directions. Show me how to serve you. ………………………………… Amen

No comments: