Friday, July 27, 2007

WHAT A DAY

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 40:1-5

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.

WHAT A DAY

I don't know about where you live, but we had the most beautiful sunrise one day this week. The sky was magic. The sun started as a small slit peeking through. Then the light got brighter. The rays were extending over the top of the dark sky and then it happened. The whole sky lit up. There were oranges and purples and golds. Wow. What a way to start the day. God sure can say good morning.

The rest of my day was wonderful. The rose moss flowers were open and showing their colors. The barn swallows were putting on a show, darting in and out of the barn. There was a very welcome breeze and the sweet corn tasted extremely good. The junk email didn't even seem to annoy me.

Every have one of those day? Where everything just seems to fit together. Where you are more aware of everything around you. Where you feel -- where you feel comfortable with yourself.

I think a day like this is how most of us experience our Christian walk. It starts with our spirit allowing God to peek in. Then the light of God gets brighter and the rays of His light shine out around us. We cannot contain them. Then our whole being just explodes with His grace. When that happens, we begin to see God in everything around us. We see His plan in the flowers. And the birds. And the breeze. And in ourselves.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Have you had a day like this lately? What causes you to feel like you are one with God?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Dear God, Thank you for telling me good morning with your sunrise and good night with your sunset. Thank you for all that you have planned for me. For me. For me you made the birds, the flowers and the breeze. You have made wonders for my ears to hear, my eyes to see, my nose to smell, my mouth to taste and my hands to touch. For me you made these things. As I am going on my walk with you, show me your plan for my life. Let me always feel at one with you.………………………………… Amen

No comments: