Friday, August 03, 2007

I DIDN'T DO IT

TODAY’S SCRIPTURES:


Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." Genesis 3:13

(Moses upon coming down from the mountain and seeing the golden calf) He said to Aaron, "What did these people do to you, that you led them into such great sin?" "Do not be angry, my lord," Aaron answered. "You know how prone these people are to evil. They said to me, 'Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don't know what has happened to him.' Exodus 32:21-23

I DIDN'T DO IT

As long as I have grandchildren, I will have stories. Our daughter has four boys -- 10, 7, 5 and 3. They are good boys, but they are boys. Noah, age 5, seems to have the ability to make rather big messes when he plays. The trouble comes in when it is time to pick up all those toys.

One day, mommy said, "Noah, it is time to pick up your toys."

Noah replied, "I didn't get them out."

Mother came back with, "Yes, you did. You had fun, but it is time to pick them up."

Noah replied, "I did not get them out! Matthew did it!"

There was one major flaw with Noah's defense and logic. What flaw you wonder.

Noah's older brother Joshua quickly informed Noah, "Matthew is in China."

The moral of the story -- Be sure the person you blame is not on the other side of the world.

The blame game goes back to the beginning of time. Eve didn't step up to the plate and admit she did a very big no-no. She blamed the serpent. Aaron couldn't look Moses in the eye and tell him that he went along with the plan. He blamed the people. O o o oh, it is so hard to take responsibility for our mistakes. O o o oh, it is so much easier to blame someone else.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you have trouble taking responsibility for your mistakes? Have you ever blamed someone else for your error? Have you ever had someone blame you for something they did?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Dear Jesus, It seems there are so many temptations in life and failing to be honest and admit our mistakes is one of them. Forgive me for the times, in my past, when I have not been honest with others and with you. Today I ask you to guide me in the right direction. When I am tempted to blame another for my mistakes, either directly or by being silent, gently remind me that this is not Your way. ………………………………… Amen

No comments: