Friday, June 20, 2008

WHERE ARE THOSE FILE FOLDERS?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

WHERE ARE THOSE FILE FOLDERS?

My knee is better. It is getting less colorful everyday. I am thankful for healing!!!!!

Our office is all set up but everything is backwards. Our previous office was in half of a chicken coop. (I am not sure how to describe this for those unfamiliar with this type of building. Its original use was to house chickens, but the chickens heard we were moving in and found new accommodations. Their old home made us a great office. We did modernize with carpet, paneling, electricity, heat and air-conditioning. Added desks, chairs, file cabinets and we were in business.) Returning to my original thought: Half of a chicken coop is much bigger than the room we designated as an office. That means we had to reconfigure our desk arrangement.

Bill can no longer lay work from his desk onto mine. I can no longer slide emails, mail, letters and questions onto his desk. Our desks no longer face each other. The copier had to be in a different place. Bill cannot find file folders and I had to look for stamps. His new desk does not have a center drawer and that means all his pens and "stuff" he puts in there had to find a new location. I had to put my trays opposite than where they had been for 23 years. Everything seems backwards and difficult to find.

Oh my. My growing faith is like getting a new office. I have to change. I have to learn where to put all the "stuff" I have accumulated in my center drawer (The bad habits. The attitudes I put in there to deal with later. The pictures of my past. The dreams of my future.). My growing faith means I have to look for file folders (Look for answers to my questions. Ways to help others.).

Growing faith means that as I read. As I study. As I learn. As I understand. I have to be willing to turn everything upside down and backwards. I have to be willing to walk in His way.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you willing to turn your life upside down and backwards to live the life God has planned for you?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

My Lord, I do seek your word and I do wrap myself in your love. I do put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go and I will walk in Your way. I lift up my soul and am ready. Ready to …… Amen

No comments: