Friday, December 12, 2008

EXCITED

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: LUKE 2:10-12

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

EXCITED

I am writing this Wednesday evening and I am excited. This has been one busy day. Terri, our daughter, and I are going to bake tomorrow. Almost every Christmas, we bake. We bake cookies. We make candy. We talk. We laugh. We celebrate together.

So today, I shopped for all those supplies. They are waiting on the kitchen counter. Along with the measuring cups. The mixer. The recipes. Waiting until Terri gets here. I have done some prep work. I have one batch of cookie dough in the refrigerator and have the party mix done. The rest will happen tomorrow. I am s-o-o-o excited.

I am excited because, not only is this a day with Terri, it is a time we share the fruits of our work with others. A time when we knock on friends doors and say, "Merry Christmas."

I also received a phone call today from our minister. I had told him I had an idea for a Sunday message. Amazing as it sounds to those who know me, occasionally they do allow me to be the speaker. He wanted to know if January 4th would work. I said, "YES."

You see, this is a message I have been working on since April 2008. If you go back and read my blog for April 25 and September 26, you will know what message I plan to deliver. One grandson has offered to help me put together a power point presentation. I am excited because I will tell the congregation about my nine-month adventure of finding God in unexpected places.

I am glad I will be talking after Christmas. You see, I want to ask the congregation where they find Jesus. If they find Him in unexpected places? After all, who would have thought to look in a stable for the Son of God?

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Are you excited about the Christmas season? Do you have a tradition that you look forward to? Do you find Jesus in your celebrations?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

It is almost Christmas. Almost your Birthday, Jesus. And I am excited. The shepherds had to go to a stable to find you. The wise men traveled a long distance. How lucky I am that I know where to find you. Your Holy Spirit is with me always. I find you everywhere I am. Amen

No comments: