Friday, November 27, 2009

THANKSGIVING TO CHRISTMAS

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, Hebrews 12:28

THANKSGIVING TO CHRISTMAS

I hope you all had a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Seven people decided to pray for our church and each picked a day. Tuesday is my day and since it was close to Thanksgiving, I looked up the words thank, thanksgiving and thankful, in the concordance. There were twenty-nine scriptures listed. I think God wants us to be a thankful people.

As I sat in the church, I realized we have so much to be thankful for: A wonderful building, minister, staff, choir, musicians, teachers, those willing to serve, the pew warmers, hymnals and even collection plates. Thankful for handshakes, hugs, smiles and tears.

As I sat there, I was thankful for baptism, communion, salvation, grace and mended lives. As I sat there, I pictured the couples that said, "I do." and all of the people that have said goodbye to a loved one.

Yes, I am thankful for the building, but I am most thankful and grateful for the people that make it a church.

When I do my prayer time, I journal because if I try to just sit and pray, my mind wonders. If I journal, an hour of prayer flies by. The first part of my time was on Thanksgiving, but then my eyes returned to Hebrews 12:28 and all I could think about was Christmas.

Christmas and gift giving. Hebrews 12:28 says "we are receiving a kingdom." This is how I finished my prayer time and how I will end the blog for today:

Lord, I am receiving a kingdom! How could I not be thankful? Christmas is coming and this verse tells me I am receiving a kingdom! Lord, look at me. I am happy, ecstatic, grateful, humble, excited, joyful, jumping up and down, shouting to the world, wound up tighter than an eight-day clock, hands in the air, eyes turned to heaven thankful. Wow - I AM RECEIVING A KINGDOM! Thank you. Thank you. Amen and Amen.

PS: I just hope God is this excited that I am coming!!!

No comments: