Friday, January 15, 2010

NOT ALL THERE

If you know me, I know what you are thinking. "Well, she has never been all there, so what is new?" I am not talking about me. I am talking about the pictures on our office door.

IMG_1566

These are four of our grandchildren. They are good-looking boys and I am sure they have inherited their looks from their mother's side of the family. They range in ages from almost six to thirteen. They are "all boy" and love to roughhouse, give snakes a few bounces on the trampoline and have yet to learn the concept of keeping their rooms clean. They get those traits from their father's side.

But something is missing from the door. Or I should say four things are missing. Pictures of our other four grandchildren. They range in ages from nine to almost fifteen. (A disclaimer here: I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER. On second thought, I am.) I need pictures of the other four.

Each of our grandchildren has a unique personality. Each has a special place in my heart. I do not want to miss even one of these special children.

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: Luke 15:3-7

Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous person who do not need to repent."

NOT ALL THERE? My door will not be complete until all eight children are there. God's "door" will not be complete until all of His children are there. God wants every one of His unique children to be with Him. God does not want even one to be lost.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Are you on God's "door" or are you lost? If you are lost, do you realize that all you have to do is turn to God? He is looking for you! God does rejoice every time a lost sheep comes home!!!!!

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

My dear Shepherd, Thank you for including me in your flock. Thank you for coming to find me, when I have wandered away from the safety of your care. No matter where I wander. No matter where I am on my faith journey. No matter that, the ninety-nine are safe, I know you rejoice when I turn to you and say, "Here I am. Please lead me back to your flock." Amen

No comments: