Friday, February 19, 2010

KEEPING CURRENT

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. Isaiah 33:2

Give us today our daily bread. Matthew 6:11

Then Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

KEEPING CURRENT

Our church is SLOWLY entering the age of technology. Since I have been the one pushing to get a website and facebook page established, I have spent hours and hours researching. I took an online United Methodist Web Ministry Course and learned why web ministry is important and who is most likely to use the website.

Now website research has started. Enter Christian web design and web hosting into Google and you get 815,000 sites. No, I did not check each one but have narrowed my search down to four. Let me tell you what I found when searching for just the right service.

"Special until January 1, 2010." Sounded good except for the fact that it was February 13, 2010. If they could not keep their own site current, why would we want to trust them to stay on top of ours?

The Google info on one site sounded good until I went to their home page. Not sure what language it was, but I know it was not English. Mark that one off the list. Another was marked off because if your church did not hold the same beliefs as the site host, they would immediately shut your site down. Some were too expensive and would make our church treasurer faint.

Do you know the main reason I put a red line through most of the sites I checked? Their own sites did not work! I would try a link and it would go to a blank page or not come up at all. One site was still showing 2008 information. They were not keeping current and they lost out.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you keeping your faith current?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

O Gracious Lord, Every morning I long for your strength and my salvation. Every day I desire that you renew my Holy Spirit. Daily I turn to Your Word to be fed. And day by day, I deny my wants and desires so I can follow You and take up Your cross. Day by day. Daily. Every day. Every morning. Lord I desire to keep my faith working properly. To keep my faith current. Amen

No comments: