Friday, May 21, 2010

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: LUKE 15:3-7

Then Jesus told them this parable, "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE

Well, let's see. Rainbows and puppies make me smile. Wiggling my toes in the mud and blowing bubbles make me smile. Family and seeing Bill smile, makes me smile. Also, the sound of children laughing, the feel of a child's hand in mine and cartoons. A finished project. The first winter snow. The last winter snow. A good glass of wine. Friends.

Oh, my. This could be a very long list. Take a deep breath, here we go: Books, the sound of the ocean, buffalo, a new born calf and the sound of our children, even at their ages, calling me mommy. Driving very crooked roads, a good nights sleep, music, cheesecake and helping children. Quiet time but also the noise created when friends and family are all talking at once. An email from my sister, a USA flag blowing in a gentle breeze, white roses and playing games. Also, sitting on the deck, clouds, sunsets and getting a nice hot shower.

Deer running through our yard, fresh lettuce from the garden. Praying in a quiet church, children singing, Sunday School classes, Psalm 139 -- I better stop because these are just a few of the things that make me smile.

I do like to smile. Smiling makes my face feel good, changes the tone of my voice and improves my outlook on life. A smile can change my day from lousy to fantastic.

What makes God smile? I think God is happy and has a very large smile when all of His children are safe in His care.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Have any of these made you smile? Did you start your own list as you read mine?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

I am smiling God. Can you see my smile? I look around and find so many things to smile about. Your world and all you placed in it are amazing. I pray I never loose the ability to smile at simple pleasures like mud in my toes and bubbles floating to heaven. I hope I make you smile. It makes me feel so secure to know that when I am lost YOU will come find me. It makes my Holy Spirit smile to know you want me in your flock. I am smiling God. Can you see my smile? Amen

No comments: