Friday, June 25, 2010

I WONDER

I WONDER

I wonder what it would feel like to swim in the depths of the ocean.

I wonder how long it would take to count all the grains of sand.

I wonder how it would feel to fly like an eagle.

I wonder how many rain drops it takes to make a puddle.

I wonder if big horn sheep have a headache after butting heads.

I wonder how much God loves me.

I will never know the answers to these questions. Oops. My bad! I do know the answer to the last one.

PSALM 103:8-18

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.

He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children -- with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you know how much God loves you?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

How much do you love me God? This Psalm tells me that you love me so much you are compassionate and gracious with me. Your love for me is so great you do not treat me as I deserve. Instead you remove my transgressions far, far away. When I no longer have a place on earth, I will, over time, be forgotten. But I will never be forgotten by you. How much do you love me God? You love me from everlasting to everlasting. Thank you. Amen

No comments: