Friday, July 09, 2010

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR

Remember when someone knocked at your door unexpectedly? The first thought is, "Who can that be?" And then you check to see if your clothes are all in place. Then you open the door and ---------

What can be on the other side of the door? Looking at life, we open doors from the time we are born.

"Mom, can I go play? All the kids are outside running through the sprinkler. Please." Then a door opens and friendships are formed.

"Why are my loving parents leaving me in this strange building? With all these strange people? And other children I do not know?" Then a door opens and learning begins.

"It was only yesterday when I started first grade and now I am graduating from college. This has been a good dorm room but am I ever ready to get out on my own." Then a door opens and life hits you square in the face.

"Yes, mom, I will be careful. Dad, I know the way. You marked the map and I promise I will pull over if I get tired." Then a door opens and working 8 to 5 becomes a reality.

"Gee did you see those deep blue eyes? I could get lost in those eyes." Then a door opens and a family is formed.

"It is time. We have waited so long for a child." Then a door opens and a family grows.

"But this shouldn't happen. Not for many years." Then a door opens and grief is felt.

Yes, all during our lives, doors open and our lives are never the same. Doors open and friends are found. Education shows us the world. Life becomes real and work becomes a reality. Doors open and we find love and the wonder of birth. And death.

Have you opened the most important door of all? Jesus said, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:9-10

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Are you holding back from opening a door? Are you afraid of what might be on the other side? OR Do you hear the knock? Are you ready to open the door? Are you excited about what you will find? Are you ready to eat with Jesus?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Jesus, I hear you! I hear you! I am coming to open the door. Oh, Jesus, I open the door wide so you can come into my life. Into my heart. I have been seeking you and here you are! Come in. Come in. Oh, Jesus, please come in. Here you are! I am so excited. You are here. With me. Come in! Come in! Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great message!!

Mary said...

Thank you. Have a blessed day.