Friday, January 21, 2011

JIGSAW PUZZLES

Do you like to work jigsaw puzzles? I sure do. My mother did too, so that must be where I get it. I think it has to do with putting things in order. The thrill of looking for a piece and finding it because just one tiny speck of blue is on it. Or comparing the piece to the picture until you find where it should go. And no, I do not put the border together first. I used to do that, but my card table just isn't big enough. The border is saved for last.

My current puzzle is 1,000 pieces and I have worked on it for almost two weeks. Honestly, I thought this would go together quickly. Wrong! Hopefully, I will get it finished tonight.

Here is the puzzle I am working on.

IMG_3436

What do you see when you look at this picture? Do you see different colors? Different shapes? Places where pieces are missing? Do you wonder what it will look like when it is finished?

When I look at puzzles, I see my life. The pieces all fit together and the missing pieces are right there waiting to be put into place. Waiting for me to learn new lessons. Waiting for me to --- Well, waiting for me to do it God's way. As I take steps in the right direction, another piece of my life is put into place. I like to think about God putting my life together.

There is one thing God does different. God puts the border together first. The border of my life puzzle is His love.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Have you ever felt like parts of you were missing?

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Lord, You created my life and I am a puzzle only you can put together. Keep putting those pieces in place until I am whole. Amen

No comments: