Friday, April 29, 2011

MY IDENTITY

When we are making a quick trip to the store or for coffee, I do not always take my driver's license: proof of my identity. If we were to be in an accident, I would think, "This is a small town. Someone will know me." But, when we go out of town, I always take my ID with me. And, if someone is riding with me, I insist they have theirs.

In case of an emergency, what I carry, in my purse, would tell people a lot about me. They could quickly learn my name, address and age. They might question my weight which hasn't been up-pounded for a few weight gains and my hair color changes each time Clairol messes with their formula for dark blonde. Digging further, my home phone number is on my cell phone. My health and auto insurance cards are behind my license. I usually carry only one credit card, but my fabric purchase card is almost full so they will know I like to sew.

If they did a bit deeper, they will know I am old school and still carry enough cash to buy a cup of coffee without using a charge card. It will be quickly revealed that I chew gum and use Tylenol. And that my calendar has some really busy days and some where I can relax. From my key chain, they will learn I shop at CVS, Hallmark and Alco and that my library card number begins with a 2.

I usually carry my camera because I love to take pictures, but they won't find many pictures. There is one of Bill and me taken a few years ago at church and a few school pictures of the grandkids.

One thing I hope they find is a picture I have carried since grade school. Why do I want them to find this picture?

Because if I am ever rushed to the emergency room, I want them to be shouting, "She is a Christian. We found Jesus in her purse."

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he was the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16-17

Jesus for blog

As you can see, the picture is a bit worn.

"But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." Mark 8:29

Card for blog

The Gideons gave these out, I think, when I was in the fourth grade.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What would your purse or wallet say about you?

LET US PRAY: Today, say your own prayer. Talk to Jesus. Tell him about yourself. Yes, he knows everything about you, but He does so enjoy listening to you. Then answer the question: Who do you say I am? Have a heart to heart about how you would answer that question. Then ask Him to protect you and be always with you as you continue learning about yourself and about becoming an even stronger Christian.

No comments: