Friday, April 15, 2011

THROUGH THE VALLEY

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: PSALM 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; they rod and thy staff they comfort me.

THROUGH THE VALLEY

The other day I was reading a book and the character pointed out that they were walking through the valley of the shadow of death. That darn ole 2 X 4 hit me and I realized it said through. It didn't say: I stay in the valley. It said: THROUGH. Why had I never thought of this before? I have read this Psalm many times and just never focused on this one word.

I have a friend who is walking a valley right now. And it is a valley of death. But it is not a physical death. It is the death of a marriage and the death of a dream. I called her and told her, "YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STAY!"

This next week we begin to celebrate Easter. The problem is that before we can celebrate Easter, we must go through the valley of shadow of death. We must go through the valley of the Cross. But go through. Go through, just like Jesus did.

Jesus did not stay in the valley. Jesus did not stay in the tomb. Jesus went through death. Jesus went through the tomb. Jesus went through the valley to go to the Father.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you in a valley right now?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Dear Father, Thank you that I am only meant to go through valleys and not meant to stay in them. Because you are with me, I do not have to be afraid or alone. Your rod of authority and staff of support reassure me that I will safely travel through all of the valleys in my life. Amen

No comments: