Friday, July 29, 2011

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Okay, so this is one of those days when my mind just goes here, there and yonder. Bill will tell you that is how my mind has always worked. At least, it is still working!

Trying to figure out what to write, I looked in my prayer journal and I thought, “That sounds good. So does that. That is good but short. Great, now what?”

So, today you get random thoughts.

The church building can be beautiful, a work of art, but if the Spirit of God is not there, it is just a building.

I can have a healthy body, but if the Holy Spirit is not there, what good is it?

Seems we always have a good reason for missing a Sunday here and there. Wonder if God thinks they are good reasons.

There are so many ways to thank God for being an ALWAYS God. If you break the word and add an ‘l’, God becomes an ALL WAYS God.

I am becoming older but God is already ancient! Daniel 7:9 calls him “Ancient of Days.” At least no one has called me ancient. Yet!

I am to be a light. Sometimes I feel like I need new batteries!

God, would you consider deleting patience and obey?

Yes, I know we prayed for the rain to end so we could get crops out, but now we need rain.

SCRIPTURES

HEBREWS 4:12 (first part) -- For the word of God is living and active.

Philemon :6 -- I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

FINAL RANDOM THOUGHTS --

God is a verb: I AM! That means HE IS living and active in our lives.

We are a verb: ACTIVE! That means we are to share our faith. Then, not only will we have a full understanding of all we have in Christ, but others will also.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

So what thoughts enter your mind as it goes here, there and yonder?

Now put those thoughts into a prayer.

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!

No comments: