Friday, January 27, 2012

EXPECT LITTLE, GET LITTLE

When I paid my last Anthem insurance premium, I figured it to November 1, 2011 because that is when I went on Medicare. That was that. Premium paid and I did not expect to hear from Anthem again.

Well, this week I did hear from Anthem. It seems I had overpaid! Being an honest company, they sent me a refund. Then I looked at the check. Can you guess the amount? Are you ready? This is going to blow your mind! The check was for ------

$ .01

Yes, you are reading that correctly. The check was written for one cent.

Bill and I laughed and laughed. Then I told him I was going to call and ask for interest from November 1, 2011 to January 17, 2012. Of course, we estimated how much it cost them to generate a penny check. Then we laughed again. But why was I surprised? I expected little and got little.

SCRIPTURES: Various scriptures from Matthew --

The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?”

Jesus turned and saw her, “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.”

And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you expect a lot or a little from God?

No comments: