Friday, September 07, 2012

IT WAS IN THE NEWSPAPER SO IT HAS TO BE TRUE - DOESN’T IT? (This is not a political piece so please read on.)

I have written before about having Restless Legs Syndrome and, since I am still hunting and pecking on the keyboard, I will not go into a long description. I will only say it is a disease that people cannot see and, unless you have RLS, people do not understand. RLS is pure hell! This last weekend, those that suffer have worn their fingers to the bones because of an article whose author said, “made up by drug companies”, “must have found a cure because there are no ads on TV anymore” and (Are you ready?) “I do not believe RLS even exists.” She then said maybe she should check “WebMD.”

SHE HAD NOT EVEN RESEARCHED HER TOPIC.

Do you think my blood pressure went up? Yup! I left comments. I emailed the editor. And I was not the only one.

An apology has been posted and most people accepted it. We also asked that she write another article. One actually based on facts.

Where am I going with this? If I did not have RLS, I would read this article, laugh and then believe what she said.

SCRIPTURES

Do not spread false reports. Do not help a wicked man by being a malicious witness. Exodus 23:1

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Matthew 7:15

IT WAS IN THE NEWSPAPER SO IT HAS TO BE TRUE - DOESN’T IT?

  • It is preached from the pulpit. It has to be true, doesn’t it?
  • I read it in a Christian book. It has to be true, doesn’t it?
  • The Sunday School teacher told us. It has to be true, doesn’t it?

There are so many books. So many speakers. So many teachers. It is your responsibility to make sure what they are saying or teaching is true. As the scriptures point out, there are those that spread false reports. There are false prophets.

I knew the article on RLS was false, one lie after another, because I know RLS up close and personal.

We have to know our God and the true Word, up close and personal, so we will recognize lies and false prophets.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you have a close enough relationship with God that you can discern the Truth from lies?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Hello God, I have a request. Yes another one, but this one is very important for me to have a strong faith. Will You keep me close? I need to be up close and personal with You so I will know You and know Your True Word. I need to know so I will not believe lies or follow false prophets. Amen

No comments: