Saturday, September 22, 2012

REVIVE, RENEW AND RESTORE

Our church is planning an old fashioned tent revival. We have the tent ordered and it will go up next week. The chairs will be set up. The music is planned. The Evangelist is excited. We have advertised the Sunday morning service and four evening services. But I’m not sure I will go.

I mean - I teach Sunday School and go to church almost every Sunday. I joined a fall ladies Bible Study. I write this blog. I am secretary for our Church Council. Why do I need to go to the revival?

Yes the music will be exceptionally good and I understand the speaker is powerful, but gee -- how much church does one person need?

Do you know there are times when it is just an absolute chore to go to church?

Revive: Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? Psalm 85:6

Do you know there are times when the only reason to go to church is because of a committee meeting?

Renew: he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:5

Do you know there are times when the day is over and no prayer has been said and no scripture has been read?

Restore: Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

OH MY.

  • If it is a chore to go to church, there is a need to be revived.
  • If the only reason to go to church is a meeting, there is a need to be renewed.
  • If a prayer has not been offered and no scripture has been read, there is a need to be restored.

I will be going to that revival.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you need revived? Renewed? Restored? Ask God for a good old revival in your life?

No comments: