Friday, January 04, 2013

HEARING AND JOY

Do you ever wonder if your spouse really listens to you? I have proof that mine does.

We were in the hardware store and I commented on a couple of things I saw. “Isn’t that angel adorable?” Looking down another aisle, “Oh, look at that girl. Doesn’t she just make you smile?”

We bought what we came for and went home. What I didn’t know is that my hubby had heard me. He went back and bought the angel and the girl.

SCRIPTURES

God heard their groaning -- Exodus 2:24 first part

“Oh, that I had someone to hear me!” -- Job 31:35

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. -- Psalm 139:4

HEARING

I do not think Bill realizes how special it made me feel to know that he heard me. He not only listened, he heard! We all need to know that someone hears us.

So often we ask to hear God, but just as often we need to know God hears us. Because, when we know God hears us, we feel special. We know God cares enough to do more than just listen. God hears.

IMG_1421

NOW ADMIT IT - SHE MADE YOU SMILE?

I HAVE NAMED HER JOY!

SCRIPTURES

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. -- Psalm 28:7

Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God. -- Psalm 43:4

JOY

Every time I look at the girl, I smile. My heart leaps for joy. My heart feels the love with which this gift was given.

And just now, as often happens this blog is going to take a turn I had not planned. (God has a way of doing that to me.) Hearing and Joy. That is all I had planned. I was ready to stop.

But, as I typed the words “the love with which this gift was given”, my mind went to another gift. The gift of a Son. A gift given with love. A gift that brings eternal joy.

Now doesn’t that just make you smile? Doesn’t that just fill you with joy? Doesn’t that make you realize God hears and, with love, gives you just what you need?

AND NOW

Talk to God because He really does hear you. Be filled with joy for the gift of His Son and the love with which the gift was given.

No comments: