Friday, February 01, 2013

WRONG DATE

One of my pet peeves is that everyone calls to remind you of your appointment.

  • “Hello, this is the dentist office and I am calling to remind you of your 7:45 appointment tomorrow morning.”
  • “This is a courtesy call to remind you that your prescription is ready to be filled.”

I want to tell them, “I am an adult. I have a calendar. I know!”

I received one of those calls yesterday. Bill said, “The lady from Timbercrest called to remind you about speaking the 12th and to see if you have a choice of hymns.” The 12th? I am to speak the 15th. I have it on my calendar. And I did.

But when I called back, they had me down for the 12th, so the 12th it will be. My bad? I don’t know. I am just glad I was called and reminded or I would have been a few days late. And they would have wondered why I wasn’t there.

SCRIPTURE

John 10:3-4 -- The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

AND NOW

Okay, so some calls keep us from missing out. One call I know I do not want to miss -- When the gate is opened, when the Shepherd calls me by name -- I want to receive that call!

What about you? The Shepherd knows your name. Do you know the Shepherd’s voice?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Dear Shepherd, I pray I am never too busy or too far away to hear my named called. I pray my Spirit will always recognize Your voice. Amen

No comments: