Friday, April 05, 2013

ANOTHER WALK ON THE BEACH

One of my favorite places is Jekyll Island, Georgia. It is not real commercial. It is pretty laid back and has an amazing beach. We so enjoyed spending a couple days there at the end of our vacation. As I was walking the beach, I remembered something I had written in 1992.

A WALK ON THE BEACH

clip_image002

I walked on the beach and there did see

How close to life the ocean can be.

clip_image004

The tide, like our days, comes and goes

Our lives, like the tide, have highs and lows.

clip_image006

The tide of life can be strong, its pull never ceases

Leaving our bodies broken, our souls in pieces.

clip_image008

Or the tide may be gentle, leaving us whole and strong

Life fitting together, each piece where it belongs.

clip_image010

Our life is uncertain, no day is the same

We go through life seeking fortune and fame.

clip_image012

But the sand changes, as the wind does blow

And the road isn’t straight, when the tide is low.

clip_image014

As I walked along, many people would go by

Some would keep on going, others would say hi.

clip_image016

Daily we see people, who care and who reach out

But some never quite understand, what life is all about.

clip_image018

So when you walk your beaches, as through this life you go

When the sand is shifting, as your tide goes to and fro.

clip_image020

Remember other people are walking beaches too

Ready to reach out and share the joy of life with you.

SCRIPTURE: PSALM 139:9

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

AND NOW

Is your tide at a high or low right now? No matter which, remember God is holding you fast.

No comments: