Friday, April 12, 2013

WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?

Do you ever look around and think, “Why didn’t I think of that?”

Chair in a bag: Imagine some poor guy trying to carry an armload of those aluminum folding chairs back to the car and his wife is following behind, herding the kids in front of her. Do you think, as he picked the chairs up for the tenth time, he thought, “These would sure be easier to carry if they folded up and fit in a bag with a strap.”

Bottled water: While the man was thinking about putting chairs in bags, his wife was thinking, “This two gallon water jug is heavy and the kids have dropped the cups again. This picnic would be so much easier if the water was in bottles we could just toss when empty.”

Wheels on suitcases: As the family checked into the motel, the kids complained that the suitcases were heavy. The youngest looked at the oldest and muttered, “Sure wish this had wheels.”

You realize the person that came up with a chair in a bag no longer carries chairs, the bottled water industry is huge and those wheels sure are handy on a suitcase.

And I want to know: Why didn’t I think of that? I could be rich selling things people do not really need. Yes, a chair in a bag makes going to the little league game a bit more comfortable than sitting on bleachers. That bottle of water is quick to grab and it is so much easier to pull a suitcase than to carry one.

But if I had thought of those darn chairs, I could be rich!

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 23 (KJV)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters. He resoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; they rod and they staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

AND NOW

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. Green pastures. Still waters. Restored soul. Fear no evil. Comfort. My cup runneth over. Goodness. Mercy. Dwell in the house of the lord for ever!

I AM RICH!                 I AM RICH!

LET US PRAY

My Lord, my Shepherd, You give me all I need. You gently tell me to rest at the end of my struggles. You direct me to quiet times and give my soul new strength. You allow me to call upon You as righteous and You tell me not to be afraid and give me comfort. Even when my enemies surround me, Your touch anoints me. I have so many blessings that one lifetime cannot hold them and You have made my life easier because of Your goodness and mercy. And when this life ends, I know my next home is Your house. Thank you for making be so rich!!! Amen

No comments: