Friday, July 19, 2013

HE’S EVERYWHERE! HE’S EVERYWHERE!

PRIVACY

Credit card and other companies keep updating their privacy policies. The morning paper informed us that tracking devices along the highway will now track our cars. Surveillance cameras watch us as we shop and walk down the street. The government seems to want to know who we call and what our emails say. Facebook monitors our pages.

We post our life in words and pictures on Facebook. Some Tweet their every thought.

PRIVACY? What is that? There is no privacy anymore.

Has there ever been?

SCRIPTURE: PSALM 139:1-13 (The Message)

God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too - your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful - I can't take it all in! Is there any place I can go to avoid your Spirit? To be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, you'd find me in a minute - you're already there waiting! Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you. Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.

HE’S EVERYWHERE!  HE’S EVERYWHERE!

I find such comfort in the fact that there is no privacy in my life. You see, it doesn’t matter what my neighbors know. What my family knows. Nor what my government knows. What matters is what God knows about me. About my life.

And God knows it all. God created me! God loves me! God gave His Son so I can stand before him clean and pure.

Privacy? There is no privacy! God knows everything about my life!

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

O God, thank you for loving me enough to know me inside and out. Amen

No comments: