Friday, May 16, 2014

PINTREST

As I strolled around Pintrest, my eyes were drawn to these three works of art.

So many emotions came flying at me when I saw this painting.

Wild on the left, soft on the right.

clip_image002

My eyes moved to the right side and, although the tree was bare and dark, a feeling of peace rested there - as if the tree knew the storm was over. The colors are soft and easy to my eyes. As my eyes moved to the left, the personality of the painting changed. Calm was replaced by blowing wind, tumbling clouds and colors that removed the calm feeling.

My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare. Psalm 25:15

What a perfect scripture for this! I am the tree and I may be bruised and battered after the "snare" no longer has me, but I am calm because my eyes are on the Lord.

Now this is amazing!!! Thanksgiving Chapel in Dallas, Texas.

clip_image004

When I saw this my eyes followed the spiral to the center. I marveled at the way the light reflected. How the center looked like a perfect jewel. I envisioned a prayer being lifted to God.

I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

I lift up my eyes -- My eyes so often lift up. I look up to watch hawks fly and clouds drift. I look up when I seek help.

Totally alone but completely relaxed!

clip_image006

When I saw this picture, it took my breath away.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Can you feel the peace in this picture? The calm in the reflection? It is as if God is saying, "I am here. Do you want to talk now?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do your eyes see?  Where do you find reminders of God?

No comments: