Friday, September 30, 2016

MISSING BLOGS

I am glad to be back writing a weekly blog.  I have taken breaks before when we were going on vacation or life was just - well, just too much life.  I felt okay with that.  But the many weeks I missed between March and September were different.  I missed writing because I was lost.

I was seeking direction.  I was looking for the path.  I was listening for an answer.  And during this seeking, looking and listening, I was lost.  

I had been... but what was I to be now?  The problem was, I was willing to go down a new path, BUT the path should be pretty much like the old one.  I was good at... was that on the new path?  I always... would my always be there? 

Seeking, check.  Looking, check.  Listening, che--- and that is why I got lost.  My listening was more of a waiting to hear what I wanted to hear.  

Until one day when I was not listening at all.  It sounds silly, but when I was not listening, I heard the one question I needed to hear.  And when I heard the question, my Spirit immediately gave me the answer.

My path now?  My path now is a journey with yet undiscovered twists and turns.  I have thrown always away.  (Always is a bit boring if we are honest.) I am enjoying the wait until God shows me what my new role will be.  

The amazing thing is that, in the journey down an unknown path, leaving 'I was, I did and I always' behind, I realized I am no longer lost.  How can I not be lost on an unknown path?

Because, this is the path God wants me on.  An unknown path to me, but not to God.  He kept the path maintained until I eventually found my way.

No longer lost!  What sweet words.  And that means the blog returns.  I write with the prayer that my words will touch one person.  Will help one person find hope.  Will help one person realize their thoughts, doubts and fears are normal.  Will help one person find eternal life though Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Who is that one person.  I have no idea.  It is not important for me to know.  It is important for me to write just in case one person happens upon my blog and needs to hear God say, “You are not lost.  You are my child.”

See what great love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!
And that is what we are!

1 John 3:1

No comments: