Friday, October 21, 2016

OF COURSE

I flip the switch and the lights come on.  Of course.

I turn the tap and the water flows.  Of course.

I push the button and I have control of the TV.  Of course.

I put the key in the switch and the car is ready to start.  Of course.

I adjust the thermostat and the house cools down.  Of course.

I open the book and there are words on the page.  Of course.

I tell my hubby what to do and --- okay, maybe that one might not be such a good example.

There are so many things we take for granted.  When we take certain actions, we know exactly what the result will be.

Of course:
·         hubby – oops.  Forgot I was not going to use that.
·         there are words on the page – unless the printer ran out of ink.
·         the house will cool down – unless the air conditioner refuses to run.
·         the car will start – unless it is out of gas.
·         the TV will be operating – unless the cable is out.
·         the water will be filling the sink – unless there is a break in the water line.
·         the lights will come on – unless the storm took out a transformer.

Suddenly all of those “of course” times in our lives are not a sure thing.  Hubby may not follow instructions.  Appliances, cars and utilities can all fail. 

OF COURSE

When I want to talk with God, He will be there.  Of course.

When I look for God, He will be there.  Of course.

When I have drifted away and I find my way back, God will be there.  Of course.

When I want to thank God for the sunset, the flowers and laughter, He will be there.  Of course.

When I wake up and when I fall to sleep, God will be there.  Of course.

When I feel joy or sorrow or peace or fear, God will be there.  Of course.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God,
“who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 1:8
God WILL be with you.  OF COURSE!

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Romans 15:13 NIV

No comments: