Friday, January 06, 2017

AND AGAIN GOD WEPT

I almost dread hearing the news.  What has happened to our world?  Our country?

This blog has been my writing outlet for a long time now.  Most posts have been positive.  Hopefully offering anyone that stopped by a glimpse into life and how God can be seen in our day to day lives.  Hope with each sunrise and peace with each sunset.  With glimpses of God in the laughter of a child, or the touch of a friend, or the sweet kiss of a loved one.  With the confirmation of forgiveness and mercy and grace.  But today…..

Today, once again Satan invaded our lives with another shooting.  How sad is the word “another.”  These killings have become a part of our existence.  They are now a part of our day to day life.  Yes, murder has been around since Cain and Abel, but when did it become so common that we say, “Oh no.  Another shooting.”

When did hate become so acceptable?  When did the lives of others become worthless?  When did we quit being shocked?

Today I…today I have more questions than answers.

BUT, and it is a big BUT, I have not lost my hope, trust or faith in God. 

From The Message Proverbs 3:5-7:

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he’s the one who will keep you on track.
Don’t assume that you know it all.  Run to God!  Run from evil!

I do not have to know the answers.  I do not have to figure it out on my own.  I only have to run to God. 

When you have a day that is hard.
When you turn on the news and your heart breaks.
When you have more questions than answers.

Hold on to your hope, trust and faith and run to God.

God.

“Yes, Mary.”

That part about don’t assume you know it all?

“Yes.”

Can I take that part out?  I have some people convinced I know it all.

“No, Mary.  You have to leave that in.  By the way, you are not fooling anyone.”

OK.  You can quit smiling.  But, God, just so you know, every shooting, bombing and killing breaks my heart.


“I know.  Each one breaks mine too.”

No comments: