Friday, December 15, 2017

Recycled, reposted or used again.  Enjoy.

December 15, 2006 and December 15, 2017

THE GIFT

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?”

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John 4:10 - 14

THE GIFT
The Gift appeared under the Christmas tree as if by magic.
As I picked up the package, I could tell it was special.
I did not shake it, I was afraid whatever was inside would break.
The paper made my fingers tingle, it seemed to glow.
This small gift had been wrapped with much care.

As I untied the bow, I stopped.
Anticipation and excitement filled the air.
The clock ticked, but time seemed to stand still.
I began to wonder if this gift really was for me.
Could there be a mistake?

I opened the box and then I understood.
Coming from the gift was a feeling of strength --
a gentle, quiet strength - and a feeling of peace.
The Gift was for me, but not for me to keep to myself.
This was a gift to share, a gift with no limit of time or space.

Inside the box was a simple paper, a birth announcement.
"Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy,
which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David,
a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY
What is the best gift you have ever received from your family or from a friend? What is the best gift you have ever received from God?

LET US PRAY
Dear Heavenly Father, We have received so many gifts from you, from the beginning of time you have given us all we need. This gift though is special. To give us your Son. A gift of a baby. A gift to save our lives. Thank you for this gift and ………………………… Amen

No comments: