Friday, January 11, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: JOHN 15:12

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

IT 'S ALL ABOUT ME

Every so often, our church allows me to deliver the message. It is usually when our minister is on vacation, so I try to keep a "message in the drawer" ready. I have just finished one and, although I am not going to put it all in my blog, I wanted to share the main idea with you. Here goes:

Lately I heave heard a lot of talk about, "It isn't all you." or "Don't make this about yourself." and as I sit in the pew or I read the book, I want to shout, "Yes, it is. It is all about me."

When Jesus said, "…as I have loved you." He meant it personally.

I think we need to go back to God 101. I think we need to start with the number one basic God principle -- God loves me. When I finally realized that God loves me, that God sees me as His beautiful child, I began to see with new eyes. And I read the scriptures differently.

Do you read the scripture and ever put your name in there? Do you read the scripture and use I or me? Or do you just use the words you, them, her or him? Make the scriptures personal.

When you read, put in your name, I or me --

Romans 10:10 -- For it is with my heart that I believe and am justified, and it is with my mouth that I confess and am saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 -- He called me to this through His gospel, that I might share in the glory of my Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 5:7 -- Cast all my anxiety on him because he cares for me.

Take your left hand and lift it up, hand open, palm up. Now take your right hand and put it on your heart. Now, pat your heart and say -- God loves me. God loves me.

What now? The more I understand and accept the love of God, the more I want to share it. The more I want to do His work. The more I want to make sure that every person feels that love. Accepts that love. And then shares that love.

(If this has made you want to read the whole message, leave the information in the comments and I will email it to you. Bless you and have a great week.)

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you understand that, yes, God loves others, but He loves you? If not, work on it. Learn to accept God's love for yourself. Take it personal. Learn to say, "God's love -- It IS all about me."

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Oh, thank you God for loving me. For creating me. For loving the person, I have become. For seeing me, cleansed and whole. For allowing your love to flow through me to others so they can also celebrate your love. ………………………………… Amen

No comments: