Friday, November 10, 2017

NAME THAT TUNE

Can you Name That Tune in 10 notes?  8 notes?  5 notes?  2 notes?

Name That Tune was a TV show when I was a kid.  The contestants tried to guess the song on the least amount of notes.  If it worked out for them, they advanced.  If not, they went home with a song going around in their head and wondering how did I miss that one.

I do like music.  Good ole Rock and Roll.  Country when it was country.  A little of this and a bit of that, but no rap.  I like old and contemporary hymns.  (Settle down.  Please remember that when written, Amazing Grace would have been considered contemporary.)

Hymns can tell the story of my faith walk.

As a child, Jesus Loves Me told me everything I needed to know.  In church, we sang In the Garden, Amazing Grace, Holy Holy Holy and Are Ye Able

I believe in Jesus, the Son of God.  I believe Jesus came to save me!  Me!  God loves me so much he wants me to be with him always.  God knows, on my own, I would not have the strength and wisdom to find my way to him so he sent a way.  Jesus!

Mary Did You Know, sung by Mark Lowry, is an amazing song.  Jesus – the Great I Am.


I have been baptized.  I do not remember it, but baptism is the washing away of my sins when I confessed and accepted God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  What would I be without this baptism?  Lost!

Jordan Feliz’s song The River makes my toes tap and lifts my spirit.  Never the same! 


I honestly believe God has a 2 X 4 with my name on it.  It is a very long one because, every so often (more often than I would like), he whacks me on the head to get my attention.  Sometimes to make me do something.  Other times, to remind me that, in His eyes, I am flawless.

I would love to see Mercy Me.  Their song Flawless gives me such hope.


Believe?  Yes.  Forgiven?  Yes.  Will I still have troubles?  YES!!  Life is still life.  Bodies become ill.  Tragedies happen.  The difference is I am not alone in my troubles and God does not intend for me to stay in the trouble.  I am to get through them.  How?

Sometimes by slowing down.  Taking a deep breath.  Jonny Diaz has a song, Just Breathe, which helps me stop.  Take a breath.  Sit at Jesus feet.


Just take a breath is great but sometimes I am so weak.  Sometimes, I need for someone stronger to hold me.  When the world seems against me or life is a struggle, the song, Just Be Held, by Casting Crowns gives me comfort.


Recap:  I believe.  I am forgiven.  I have a refuge in my trials. 

Question:  What do I do with this? 

Answer:  I serve.

My favorite song – my absolute favorite – hymn is Here I Am Lord.  I cannot hear or sing this song without realizing I am to serve God by serving his people.  I am to go where he sends me.  I cannot hear or sing this song without raising my hands, as I lift the words:  Here I Am Lord.  I will go Lord if you lead me.  I will hold your people in my heart.

Please use this link to hear Danial O’Donnell sing Here I Am Lord


Celebrate each day,
Mary

No comments: