Friday, February 22, 2008

DON'T TELL -- YEAH RIGHT

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 9:27-31

As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, "See that no one knows about this." But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.

DON'T TELL -- YEAH RIGHT

Picture this: You are blind. You hear a man called Jesus can heal. You think, "Wonder if he would give me back my sight?" Would you sit around or would you try to find Jesus?

The two men did not just sit around. They found him and followed him. I bet they heard many stories as they followed. How Jesus had healed the sick woman and how Jesus went to the house of a ruler. A ruler who's daughter had just died. I am sure the two men heard that the daughter got up after taking the hand of Jesus.

The two men could not see, but they began to believe. They believed they could be healed. They called, "Have mercy on us, Son of David." They said, "Yes Lord." They had their sight restored. They were told not to tell.

Yeah right. Now what person, that could see again, would be able to keep quiet. I would think they would be shouting from the top of the temple. I would think they would be looking at everything, with a smile that would go from ear to ear. I would think they would be running to see the faces of their loved ones. Don't tell -- Yeah right.

Now picture this: You have never had faith or your faith has been lost to the demands of day-to-day living. Then, as a miracle happens, you receive your faith. You understand. You say, "Have mercy on me, Son of David." And Jesus asks you, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" And you answer, "Yes Lord."

Do you tell? Or do you keep the miracle to yourself?

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Have you always believed or do you remember when you saw for the first time? Do you tell others? Not everyone is comfortable talking about their faith. But there are other ways to tell people. Do you tell people by the way you act? By the words you speak? By the way you treat others? How do you help spread the good news?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Jesus, I want others to know about your miracles. The miracles of healing. Healing the body. And healing the soul. Making me complete. I know I am a work in progress, but let my life be an example to others. Let me spread the news about you all over my little corner of the world. ………………………………… Amen

No comments: