Friday, June 29, 2007

HANDS

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Matthew 19:13

Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them.

HANDS

THE HANDS JESUS

The hands of Jesus were gentle and kind. The hands of Jesus held the children.

With just a touch, His hands gave speech to the mute and gave sight to the blind. They blessed the bread that feed 5,000 and they restored life to the dead.

The hands of Jesus cast out demons and they offered blessings. The hands of Jesus cured leprosy. The hands of Jesus did not cast stones.

The hands of Jesus washed the disciples' feet. They offered the cup and the bread. The hands of Jesus carried the cross.

OUR HANDS

Oh how amazing is our hands. They can sharply bring pain or touch a cheek softly. They can conquer a land or be offered in peace.

They can give help or they can be selfish. They can be clinched in rage or lifted in praise. Oh how amazing is our hands.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

How do you use your hands? Are they strong, but gentle? Are they friendly? Do they serve others? Are they clinched or raised in praise?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

To the loving Jesus who holds me in His hands, You are the example I need to follow. I want to use my hands as you used yours. I want to give care to those who suffer from physical, mental or emotional pain. I want to use my hands as instruments of peace as I offer friendship to those I meet. I want to have gentle loving hands. Hands that will serve others. Dear Lord, I want my hands to ………………………………… Amen

No comments: