Friday, December 21, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS
I BELIEVE

TODAY’S SCRIPTURES:

Genesis 1:1, Psalms 4:1, Luke 2:13-14, John 8:12 and Revelation 22:21

I BELIEVE

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1
Did God create our world? I feel the earth beneath my feet and enjoy the stars in the sky. --- I BELIEVE!

"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer." Psalms 4:1
Does God hear my prayers? I received peace when our family suffered the loss of my mother, received comfort when I was ill, and have been given a hand to hold at the end of each day. --- I BELIEVE!

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:13-14
Was a Holy Child born that night? -- I watch the children sing the Christmas carols, with smiles on their faces and wonder in their eyes. --- I BELIEVE!

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12
Is Jesus the light? -- I see the brilliance of the candles on the altar. --- I BELIEVE!

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." Revelation 22:21
- - - - - I BELIEVE!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What do you believe?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Happy Birthday Jesus, I am almost ready to celebrate your birth. I want you to know that although all these things are fun, the tree is not important. The gifts are not important. The cookies, candy and ham are not important. I am getting myself ready to celebrate your birthday in the true spirit. I will be ready to wake up Christmas morning and feel the excitement of the angels. And the wonder of the shepherds. I will wake up Christmas morning and offer to you my gifts of worship and belief. I will open your gifts of peace, hope and joy. Happy Birthday Jesus. .………………………………… Amen

No comments: