Friday, September 18, 2009

SEASONS

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 1:14

And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years…"

SEASONS

I want to tell you what I see out the window. The sky is clear. No clouds at all. Just blue sky. A soft blue. Peaceful looking. That blue color the sky gets in the fall.

There is a breeze because the trees are swaying. Doing a gentle dance as if they are hearing music that makes them want to nod their branches from this side to that. The evergreens are being stubborn. They are just standing there. Not moving. Most of the trees have that dusty fall green look. Some leaves are even tired of that and have started wearing the fall colors. One more fling before they float to the ground.

The grass has not heard that fall starts next week and is still growing. "Mow me. Mow me," it shouts. If Bill doesn't mow about every four days, it gets so tall you could hide in it. Okay, not your whole body, just up to your knees. Okay, over the ankle.

The flowerbed is starting to look less colorful but even that is a good thing. Those plants are tired and need to rest until the ground warms up again next spring.

The robins have left and the wild geese are heading south. I saw a flock this morning making their V and checking their GPS. The katydids have been making a racket for about three weeks so frost will not be long in coming.

Do you know what I see out my window? I see the scriptures in action!

God did all this. He arranged things to mark seasons and days and years.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Which is your favorite season? Do you see a change of seasons where you live? What do you see out your window? Do you see God at work?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart. (If you live where one season is pretty much like all the others, then change this prayer to fit.)

LET US PRAY

Hello God, I want to thank you for the trees. They offer shade in the summer and a very colorful show in the fall. I want to thank you for flowers. The spring lilies, the summer roses and the fall mums each coming and going to brighten our lives. I want to thank you for the songbirds in the summer and the loud honk of the geese as they tell us they are headed south. I want to thank you for the seasons. I want to thank you for ….… Amen

No comments: