Friday, January 22, 2010

I AM NOT THAT STUPID

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

And the heavens proclaim his righteousness for God himself is judge. Psalm 50:4

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

I AM NOT THAT STUPID

I love to go to Yellowstone National Park. In 1980, I saw my first buffalo and the buffalo has been my favorite wild animal since. They have attitude. They are big and, when they walk, they swagger. As if to say, "Go head. Cross my path. I will come out on top."

When I saw my first buffalo, I also saw an extremely stupid man. Picture a buffalo. Standing there minding his own business. Munching on grass. Now picture a man crawling toward the buffalo. YES. I said crawling. He kept getting closer and closer. Then he stood up and -- are you ready -- took a picture. He turned his back on the buffalo and walked to his car. If that buffalo had sneezed, the man would have been in the emergency room. Just plain stupid!

Of course, I never do stupid things. Okay, maybe once. Or twice. Okay, many, many times during my life. But I would never do anything that stupid.

I never try to read, text or put on makeup while I am driving. And I might slip and say a small, insignificant swear word, but I would never use those big swear words. And ---Better stop here. This is not going where I want it to. I just remembered that I have a lead foot and seem to disregard speed limits. And the other day I shocked my grandson when I used one of those small swear words.

The scripture tells us, "God himself is judge."

Do not judge. Do not condemn. That is so hard. I really do want to judge others and I want to condemn them. Why? Because I want to make myself feel like I am not as bad as "that person." Or "him." Or "her." I want to feel like my sins, my stupid mistakes are small ones.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you judge others?

LET US PRAY

This week say a prayer from your heart and soul. Ask God to give you a loving heart full of compassion and forgiveness. Ask him to teach you how to love yourself enough that you do not have to measure yourself against others.

No comments: