Friday, October 22, 2010

WAKE UP!! LISTEN! LIVE WISE!

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

Isaiah 50:4 - The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

Ephesians 5:13-15 - But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise, but as wise.

WAKE UP!! LISTEN! LIVE WISE!

IMG_3029

Each morning I wake up with God, but I wondered what it would be like to have God wake me up.

"Good Morning," God would gently whisper in my ear. "Mary. Mary, it is time to wake up. Mary, can you hear me? Are your ears awake?"

God continues, "Today I want you to really listen. And look, because today you have much to learn. With every step you take, there will be a light shining. That light will shine so everything - EVERYTHING - will be visible."

"Today, Mary, I want you to live, not as a dead spirit just going through your day, but with the light of Christ shining on you. Mary, wake up. Listen. Learn. Be wise. Walk in the light of Christ."

"Now go have your coffee."

Wouldn't that be a great way to wake up? I especially like the ending where He tells me to go have a cup of coffee. That shows God understands me and knows how I like to start my day.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

What would God say to you? Do you go through the day as a dead spirit? Has God ever given you wisdom, just when you needed it: The right words to say? The energy to accomplish a task? Compassion for another? Patience?

God would tell me to have coffee. God does know you! How would He tell you to start your day?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Good morning God, I enjoy the quiet as I wake up because I know the day will become hectic. So many days, I do not find time for you. That is hard to admit, but today wake my ears so I may listen and be taught. Expose everything so I may wake up, listen and live wise. I do not want to go through one more day or one more minute with a dead spirit. I want to arise, say, "Good morning God.", lift my hands and have the light of Christ shine on me. Amen

No comments: