Friday, May 29, 2015

SORRY - NO TIME FOR …..



I did not write a blog last week and really do not have one for this week. Way too many things to do last week, this week and even next week:
  • Granddaughter's graduation
  • Teach Sunday School and attend Church
  • A CASA meeting
  • Small group discussion
  • Rotate tires on the car (Well, no I didn't do it but I had to take my valuable time and take the car in.)
  • Write a message for Chapel June 4 at a local retirement community
  • Got the 24 hour bug that seems to be enjoying arriving at people's homes uninvited
  • Riding along with my daughter today to shop for her son's open house
  • A family celebration tomorrow for our 50th Anniversary which is June 4
  • An open house for our granddaughter tomorrow
  • A grandson's graduation and open house next week
  • CASA continuing education
  • Watch the dust pile up on the table tops
  • A mountain of other things like laundry, cooking, ---

You get the idea? Plus I threw in there a few projects I had not planned on. There just has been no time for writing. No time for ---
Oh, my!
Lord, please excuse me. It seems I have had no time for you either. Yes, a few quick prayers when we sit down to eat and even Sunday School has been a discussion time that did not require me to search your word. You are there when I get up. You are with me throughout the day and when I go to bed. You are even there while I sleep. And I have pushed you to the side while I do things that ….. things that…. Lord, please forgive me. You are the light in my day. You are the love I give to others. You are my strength and my foundation. Please forgive me for not taking time for You. Amen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.            Matthew 6:3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I need to memorize this verse. How about you? Do you seek the kingdom of God or do you seek the kingdom of "I have a list of things to get done and by golly I will get them done no matter what"?

No comments: