Friday, February 23, 2018


SPRING

Spring bounces into summer.  Summer chills into fall.  Fall freezes into winter.  Winter melts into spring.  And the cycle begins again.  (My goodness, that came out like a writing exercise for an English class.)

Some like one season and some like another.  Me?  I like spring.  The flowers break through the soil and bloom.  Color comes back.  The grass gets really green and leaves pop out.  Toes are allowed to wiggle free.  Calves and lambs race around the pasture.  Yup, I love spring.

Except for mud that comes with the spring thaw.  And getting the winter coat out again because it is Indiana and snow can come anytime.  And ants that think they need to check out kitchen counter crumbs.  And changing the clocks which means it is still daylight when I want to go to bed.  AND OF COURSE INCOME TAXES ARE DUE! 

Maybe I need to rethink this “spring is my favorite season” thing. 

Or maybe, I am just never satisfied.  Summer is too hot.  Fall is beautiful but the flower beds have to be cut back.  Winter has ice.  Spring has taxes. 

Or maybe – Spring might bring mud, but putting bare feet into mud is sooooo much fun.  Mud squishes around my toes and tickles.  Summer may be hot, but there is nothing like a fresh tomato or eating corn on the cob.  A fall day is the perfect time to open the windows and allow the breeze to “air out the house.”  Winter snow makes everything clean and quiet.

It would be a bit boring if every day was the same.  Same weather.  Same people.  Same clothes.  Same food.  Same show on TV.  Same team winning the game.  Same book.  Same blog. 

I might prefer spring, but each season comes with its pros and cons.  Each season comes with change.  Each season makes our lives interesting.  No matter what, each season comes.

-------------------------------------

And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.
As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”
Genesis8:21-22

-------------------------------------

What is your favorite season?
What has God put into that particular season that brings you joy?
What is your “except for” (something you do not like) in that season?
What is one thing you like about each of the other three seasons?

I think I will keep spring as my favorite season.  Warm days and releasing toes to wiggle in mud and grass are the deal breakers. 

BUT I STILL DO NOT LIKE TAX DAY!!!

No comments: