Friday, August 17, 2018


MISDIRECTION

MISDIRECTION:
a wrong direction
the act or an instance of diverting
the state of being misdirected

This word popped into my mind this morning.  Made we wonder:  Am I misdirected?  Am I putting my energies in the wrong direction?  Am I not doing something I should?

Then another image popped into my mind.  A scary image --- the devil. 


If you know me, other than reading this blog, you know I am pretty outspoken.  Ok.  Very outspoken.  I stand up for what I believe and will defend my opinions.  Misdirection – how does that apply and what am I supposed to learn?  It would be so much easier if God would just show up at my door and say, “Mary, we need to have a talk.”

“You see the devil quoted the first part of a scripture.  That is an old trick called misdirection.  His goal is to make you think you can do anything you want.  Is that true?”

No!  The scripture continues “--but not everything is beneficial.  ‘Everything is permissible for me’ – but I will not be mastered by anything.”  So, if I use the suggestions from the devil, am I doing it right or am I following him instead of YOU.

“My child, you already know the answer!  What happens if you follow the misdirection of the devil?”

I might win my point – achieve my goal – but I will have a new master.  I do not want a new master!

-------------------------------------

MISDIRECTION:  A TOOL OF THE DEVIL

The whole truth – Facts are facts, right?  Not really.  Paper lays still.  Good facts can be put front and center while other facts are buried in the fine print. 

A secret agenda – Oh my.  This should be a no brainer!  If secret meetings are required and agendas have to be kept secret, a new master is being obeyed.

The devil’s help list – What is wrong with getting outside help?  Maybe nothing.  Maybe everything.  Are the people giving advice honest? Or are they looking out for themselves and willing to do anything to win?

You are right – When a mind is completely closed, the devil has used misdirection perfectly.  Why?  Because the person will no longer see others as people to respect.  Only people to dominate and control.

They are sheep and will never believe you lied to them – People are easily swayed.  They will listen to the loudest voice and remember the best graphics.  People do not want to believe the person they have coffee with or the person who has kids on the same little league team or a person they sit next to in church would lie to them. 

The Bible says –The devil loves this one!  The devil will point out the exact words to make actions seem perfectly acceptable.  AND if it is in the Bible, it must be okay. 

-----------------------------------------------

The word misdirection has helped me understand what I am up against.  What you are up against.  What we are all up against, as we stand up for what we believe.

The word misdirection has helped me understand the tactics my opponent might use.  I have never felt the urge to be right at all cost and pray I will never allow the devil to be my master just to get my way.

Yes, I am taking a stand in my community.  Writing this has strengthened my resolve to fight an honest fight, to respect those with a different opinion, listen with an open mind, to use all the facts, and, win or lose, to know “Everything is permissible for me’ – but I will not be mastered by anything.” 


No comments: