Friday, December 28, 2018


GETTING READY

In a few days, we will take down the 2018 calendar and put up the 2019 one.  I have my 2019 pocket calendar started with birthdays, appointments, scheduled activities and vacations entered.  2019 is full of my plans.  January, February and March have a lot of entries and then things slow down.  I am sure the other months will fill up with doctor appointments, meetings, time with friends and family and days with nothing special to do.

Am I ready for 2019?  Yes! 

“Are you really ready Mary?”

Oh no.  God was listening.

“I like to listen to you, especially when you make funny comments like you are ready for 2019.”

Funny?  I am ready for 2019!  I have calendars with my plans written down and can handle what comes --- with your help, of course.

“I always get a chuckle when my children mention their plans.  I do have a question.  What are you leaving behind and what are you taking with you into this new year?”

Leaving behind?  Taking with me?  Hum…. 2018 was a bit of a challenge so I will leave behind frustration and resentment, but during the challenges I made some new friends, so I will take them with me.  I also learned how to research and dig for the truth, so I will take the ability to learn with me.

“Keep going.”

Well ….. I know.  Impatience.  I am not always the most patient person.  In 2019, I will work on being more understanding when people do not want to do it my way.  But honestly, if they would only listen….

“They should listen like you listen to my plan and, you have to admit, my plan is better than yours.”

So it wasn’t the part about being ready you thought was funny, it was the part about it being my plan?

“Bingo.  Maybe you would like to try and answer my question again.  What are you leaving behind and what are you taking with you into this new year?”

I am leaving behind my plan and taking your plan into 2019.  But how do I do that?  I do not know your plan.

“Look up Proverbs 3:5-6.  And use the King James Version for this one.  Happy New Year my child.”

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

&   &   &   &   &  &   &   &   &   &

I never make resolutions.  I know I will never keep them, but maybe it is time to try.  Maybe this time, I will make the right resolution.  Maybe I can keep this one. 

I will trust in my LORD with all my heart.
I will not do it my way.
I will recognize the authority of my LORD and allow him to lead me.

&   &   &   &   &  &   &   &   &   &

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: