Friday, November 15, 2019


CUSTOMER SERVICE?  NOT!!

I have an old flip phone and it is usually in my purse – turned off.  I do not see the need to be connected 24/7.  Plus, we still have a land line.  I also have an iPad and I use it – a lot.  I have the Bible app and use that to prepare Sunday School lessons, access numerous versions quickly, and search for scriptures.  I read books on the Kindle app.  I use the map to find all those amazing back roads.  I take pictures.  I keep in touch through Facebook and Instagram.  Okay – Okay.  I play games on it.  My phone can stay in my purse, but my iPad ---

I have had two iPads.  Hubby uses my first one to send messages, check the weather, and listen to YouTube.  It will no longer update.  My current iPad, purchased in July of 2015, is developing issues so I decided to splurge and purchase a new one.

I called the Apple store – which is two hours, one way, from my home– to set up an appointment to buy a new iPad and get help to quickly set it up. 

“I am sorry we do not make appointments for purchases.”  You mean I have to drive two hours and it is first come first serve?  I thought that is why you made appointments.  “We do not make appointments for purchases.”  I told her I was going to hang up.

I contacted Apple Support and waited to be connected with the right department.  “I am sorry you were not helped and I will set you up an appointment.  They should be able to make sure it is set up correctly.”  Wait – did you say should?  “We never know how busy a store is going to be.”  Let me get this straight.  I am to drive two hours to an Apple Store, which makes appointments for repairs and even on how to use a device, to purchase a Pro iPad plus accessories and they should be able to help me.  So if they are really busy, they will sell me a device and then show me the door?  “I can make you an appointment and they should be able to help you, but we never know… and you can always call the help line.”  Honestly, I was polite through this whole conversation.  I then told the lady I was not going to drive two hours for a “should.”  I told her I was going to hang up.

I called Best Buy and they were very helpful.  As soon as I finish writing this, I will open my new iPad and, if I have any trouble, the nice man at Best Buy told me to call him. 

My husband’s dad managed a hardware store.  I wish I had met him, because I believe he was a wise man.  He said, “I am not doing the customer a favor by having the door open.  They are doing me a favor by coming in.”  That is customer service.  Apple has gotten so big they no longer care about the service part.  Best Buy has not forgotten the service part. 

This all got me to thinking?  When I need something, where do I get the best service?

EASY ANSWER:  From my God.  God is sooooo in the service business.  His store is stocked with every conceivable thing I might ever need.

“Good Morning, Mary.  What may I help you with?  Oh by the way, I was very proud of you yesterday.”

When?

“I was listening when you were talking with Apple and you actually stayed calm.  An Apple seems to cause humans to…  Back to you.  You must have remembered Proverbs 15:18.”

Oh, sure.. No I didn’t but I did stay calm.  Did you have something to do with that?

“At your service.  Calm can be found third shelf on the right.  You received calm before you even asked for it.  That was yesterday, what are you in need of today?”

I need…

“Of course you do.  I have this all ready for you.”

How did you…?  You know I often forget .. I make mistakes ..  I say …

“Now, now, my child.  My love for you, unlike your flip phone, is 24/7/365/lifetime!  Now see if I included everything you need.”

But there is so much and I only came to ask for one thing.  And you have given me mercy, grace, peace, compassion, wisdom, forgiveness, ---

“Keep digging.”

Of course.  I should have known.  This is exactly ….  Now I can ..  How can I ever …  How can I ever thank you?


No comments: