Friday, September 04, 2020

 

WONDERFULLY WEIRD FACTS

The other day I posted a picture on my Facebook page and a friend said he hoped the bird didn’t eat the berries.  It was a beautiful picture.  A lovely Baltimore Oriole sitting on a Water Hemlock Bush.  I was still in the dark until I looked up that bush.  HEY, BALTIMORE ORIOLE!  DON’T EAT THE BERRIES! 

Someone should have warned the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates.  Not knowing about hemlock did him in.  He could philosopher no more.

During my google search, a link popped up for “50 Wonderfully Weird Facts That Will Make You Question Everything.”  Never fear!  I am not going to tell you all 50.

Did you know:

·       the heads on Easter Island have bodies?  When studying some of the stone statues on the Pacific Island, at least two had full torsos which measured as high as 33 feet.

·       goosebumps are meant to ward off predators?  Not exactly sure what predator would be scared of my goosebumps, but I know I will not try to face down a buffalo and shout, “Away!  I have goosebumps.”

  • ·  a wood frog can hold its pee for up to eight months?  It is a very complicated process where the gut recycles the urea into nitrogen.  This allows the Wood Frogs in Alaska to live through those long winters.  For sure the frog did not drink a cup of coffee before settling in for a long winter’s nap.
  • ·  you lose up to 30 percent of your taste buds during flight?  All this time you just thought the food was lousy.
  • ·  a chef’s toque (hat) contains 100 folds?  Each fold represents a way to cook an egg.  Let’s see there is fried, scrambled, over-easy, omelet… My hat only needs three folds.  My over-easy always looks exactly like my fried egg.
  • ·  cotton candy was invented by a dentist?  I believe that is called job security.

Has this made you wonder about the other Wonderfully Weird Facts?  You can find the rest at https://bestlifeonline.com/random-fun-facts/

I started looking for one simple bit of information and ended up finding wonderful weird facts.  An interesting Bible fact:  The Bible says to “go up” to Jerusalem.  That is literally “go up.”  Jerusalem sits upon a hill and no matter which way you approach from, you will always be going up to it.  Here are fun facts for you to discover:

Was Ehud in his right mind?  (Think about it and my question will make sense.)  Judges 3:15

What did Job’s wife complain about?  Job 19:17

What was used to make the golden calf?  Exodus 32:2-4

How many were in the first praise team:  1 Chronicles 23:5

What woman are we to remember?  Luke 17:32

What was Zenas’ occupation?  (He is the only one of these mentioned in the Bible.)  Titus 3:13 

What did Jesus write on?  John 8:6

Hope you enjoyed finding the answers.

 

No comments: