Friday, April 15, 2022

 

NO!  NO!  I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THS!

I do not want to write this one.  I want to go back.  I want the cup taken from him.  I do not want my Jesus to suffer.  I do not want to see Jesus betrayed, arrested, tried and beaten.  I do not want to see the disciples desert him.  I do not want to hear the crowd shout, “Barabbas.”  I do not want to hear the words, “Crucify him.”  But I must. Jesus did this for me. 

ARRESTED AND TRIED – MATTHEW 26:47-67 AND 27:11-31

Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him.  …..  Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.


The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God:  Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”


“You have said so,” Jesus replied.  “But I say to all of you:  From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”


Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy!  Why do we need any more witnesses?  Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.  What do you think?”


Pilate asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you:  Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?” 


“Barabbas,” they answered. …….. They all answered, “Crucify him!” ……. Then he released Barabbas to them.  But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified."

Jesus was stripped and a scarlet robe was put on him.  He had a crown of thorns set on his head and a staff was placed in his right hand.  He was mocked with, “Hail, king of the Jews!”

Jesus was spit on and was struck in the head again and again. 

Then they led him away to crucify him.

No!  No!  I do not want to see this.  I want to shut out these visions.  I want to stop my imagination.  I want to cover my ears and not hear the crowd shouting, “Crucify him.”  I want this cup taken from him!  I do not want to see Jesus being flogged … and stripped … and spit on … and hit in the head.  But I must.

I must because Jesus did this for me!  Each scar.  Each drop of blood.  Each pain.  Each humiliation.  For me.

You must also see … and hear … and feel, because Jesus did this for you!

Jesus was arrested

Jesus was led away to be crucified

It was nine in the morning when they crucified him Mark15:25

 

No comments: