Friday, May 13, 2022

 BIRDS

Birds fly.  Birds build nests.  Birds drop poop on our deck.  I have never been a bird watcher.  I love to see hawks, but that about does it.  Often, I don’t even notice them.  Until …

The bird, an ordinary black bird, … landed on the highest point in an evergreen tree.  It was flying and then, just like that, it was sitting on the tip of a twig.  And, in that instant, I realized I had witnessed a miracle.  A miracle called creation.

How can a bird land on such a tiny twig?  How can it sit there?  How come it doesn’t fall off when it sleeps?  How does it know to come back to this area and when to fly south?  I might have to start paying more attention to birds.

Even though I know the answer, I like to look things up so I googled where birds came from.  The answer?  Birds are shrunken dinosaurs.  No really!

Stephen Brusatte, a paleontologist at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland:  “A bird didn’t just evolve from a T. rex overnight, but rather the classic features of birds evolved one by one; first bipedal locomotion, then feathers, then a wishbone, then more complex feathers that look like quill-pen feathers, then wings,” Brusatte said.  “The end result is a relatively seamless transition between dinosaurs and birds, so much so that you can’t just draw an easy line between these two groups.”

Birds produced a burst of evolution.  “It seems like birds had happened upon a very successful new body plan and new type of ecology—flying at small size—and this led to an evolutionary explosion,” Brusatte said.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-dinosaurs-shrank-and-became-birds/

Okay, I guess.  I mean, if a paleontologist has the facts, then birds must be shrunken dinosaurs.  But where did the dinosaur come from?  I started going backwards and ended up searching where a cell came from.  Again, I wanted an honest answer.  Facts. 

I found a scientific site: How Stuff Works.

“Perhaps the first living cells were completely different from what we see today, and no one has yet imagined what they might have been like.  Speaking in general terms, life can only have come from one of two possible places:

  • Spontaneous creation - Random chemical processes created the first living cell.
  • Supernatural creation - God or some other supernatural power created the first living cell.

And it doesn't really matter if aliens or meteorites brought the first living cell to earth, because the aliens would have come into existence through either spontaneous creation or supernatural creation at some point -- something had to create the first alien cells.”

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/evolution/evolution11.htm?srch_tag=7d4rfrjekbtdcs2xushxhg3jwrjbinwd

Ladies and gentlemen we have our scientific answer: AND IT DOESN’T REALLY MATTER ….  SOMETHING HAD TO CREATE THE FIRST ALIEN CELLS.

The one thing I love about science is that we are told to use facts.  Facts do not lie.  Facts!  Facts!  Until the facts do not support the answer we want and then, wham, it doesn’t really matter.  Besides, there is still much to learn.

The How Stuff Works site also pointed out:  “Look at yourself in a mirror -- what you see is about 10 trillion cells divided into about 200 different types.  Our muscles are made of muscle cells, our livers of liver cells, and there are even very specialized types of cells that make the enamel for our teeth or the clear lenses in our eyes!”

A bird is a shrunken dinosaur?  Our body is made up of 10 trillion cells with 200 different types?  Random chemical process?  Something had to create the first cell?  And it doesn’t really matter?

I graduated high school.  I do not have a degree.  BUT I think it does matter.  I kept going back to the statement: Spontaneous creation - Random chemical processes created the first living cell.  I want facts.  I want it to matter.  So my final question is: Where did the chemical process come from?

This reminds me of the old joke:

The devil challenged God to a contest.  He said, “Creating man was no big deal.  I can do that.”

God answered, “Really.  You can create man?  You can take a handful of dirt, form it into a human, and blow life into his lungs?”

The devil, with a wicked grin, replied, “Of course.  I have the ability to do that.  And I can do it quicker than you.”

God figured this would give the angels a chuckle and agreed to the challenge.

The devil reached down to get a handful of dirt and God stopped him.  The devil looked at God and wondered what was going on.

God told the devil, “Make your own dirt.”

----------------------------------

Where did the bird come from?  Supernatural creation of course.  God created them.

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”  So God created …. And every winged bird according to its kind.  … and let the birds increase on the earth.”       Genesis 1:20-22

No comments: