Friday, December 02, 2022

 

THE CARPET CLEANER

It was past time to have our carpets cleaned, but carpet cleaning kept being put at the end of our list.  Finally, a date was set and the man arrived.

He came in, we talked for a bit, and then he started in the far end of the house and worked his way back to the office.  He stopped once to tell me he had dusted behind the couch.  Bless his heart because it had been a while since the couch had been pulled out.  I am positive there was dust!! Continuing on, he cleaned spots and worked hard on the traffic areas.  And then, just like that, he was done. 

The carpet looked so much better.  Clean!

I woke up at 1:30 AM and thought how getting the carpet cleaned was like taking Jesus into my life.  I tried to go back to sleep, but no.  The thought kept repeating.  This blog was written at 1:45 AM.

On the date I really believed, Jesus came into my life.  We talked for a bit and then he started at the far end of my sins and worked his way to my very core.  He cleaned away every sin.  He wiped away cobwebs left behind by unbelief and fear.  He made quick work of any dust hidden behind my sins.  And then Jesus did something the carpet cleaner did not do.

He marked my bill Paid In Full.  He paid my bill!!!

Are you wondering what this has to do with Christmas?  I mean, it is the Christmas season and you would expect to read about Christmas.  You would expect me to tell about having a baby.  Or that the Wise Men do not really belong in the scene at the manger.  Why am I comparing Jesus to a carpet cleaner?

Because I can.  Just kidding. 

Why am I comparing Jesus to a carpet cleaner?  Because God knew I could not have eternal life if my life was dirty with sin and God knew only HIS SON could clean my sins away.  So this blog is about Christmas.  It is about a baby.  A baby!  Born one night.  And on that night, my life changed. 

God had a plan.  He sent a baby.  He sent a baby to change me.  He sent a baby to change you.

No comments: