Friday, February 03, 2023

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I have not done random thoughts lately, so here goes –

I love to work jigsaw puzzles, but I wonder about something.  Exactly what prompted someone to look at a picture and decide to cut it into pieces so they could put the pieces back together? 

And what parent, of a very bored child, decided to put words into all sorts of straight lines, diagonal lines, upside down, and backwards, filling in all the blank spaces with odd letters, and calling it word search.  Then they handed it to their very bored child and said, “Here.  Find this list of words.”  Of course, that idea has resulted in their becoming rich by putting them in books and online.  Why is it always someone else that comes up with a marketable idea?  Why didn’t I get uncomfortable, at a little league game, and create a chair-in-a-bag?

Thinking about games – Why did they call the game SORRY?  Admit it.  No one is every sorry when they send someone back to home.

A morning without coffee is a morning you would not want to spend with me.  The sunshine is beautiful today.  Lunch with friends is time well spent.  Even when that friend reminds me about getting stopped for speeding, and ……..

I enjoy quiet time, but sometimes quiet can be very loud.

There is still snow on the ground and it was very cold the other morning when I saw a robin.  I wonder if the robin thought, “Did I look at the calendar wrong?”

How am I officially the shortest person in our family?  I still get teased that, after buying a new mattress (much ticker than a mattress used to be), I had three inches cut off the legs of the bed.  If you are shaking your head and thinking I am stretching the truth, I am telling the whole truth!

I love to read, but if the book hasn’t hooked me the end of the first chapter (sometimes by the end of the second page) I am done.  It goes back.

And the amount of work I get done depends on how good a book is or how many pieces are left in a puzzle.

That brings me back to the beginning:  jigsaw puzzles.  Which makes me think of reading the Bible.  Sometimes it seems like a jigsaw puzzle.  How do the pieces/stories fit together?  Where do I find answers?  Why did they use that word?  When would the disciples finally understand?  Who is Crispus?  (General index, random pick, with eyes closed.) 

Reading the Bible is like working a jigsaw puzzle.  As you read, you understand how one story fits with other stories.  BUT, unlike a jigsaw puzzle which eventually comes together, reading the Bible is an unending journey.  A journey worth taking and you might even find Crispus. (Hint:  Acts 18:8)

No comments: