Friday, May 03, 2024

INCOMPLETE

Watching TV makes me realize my life is ..  is so incomplete.  First, I am using the wrong pillows and the right pillows are on sale for a limited time.  I do believe that limited time ended over six months ago, but that is a small detail.  Besides, now I can also buy — on sale — sheets and towels.  (Sigh.)  My life would be complete if only I had those pillows, towels, and sheets.

But wait!  I no longer have to go grocery shopping.  All I have to do is make a list, check it twice, and send it on its way.  Those groceries will magically appear at my door.  Just like that!  (Big sigh)  My life would be complete if only we had a store close enough to deliver my groceries.

Plus, I never realized how many people are concerned about my health and sleeping habits.  A former governor of Arkansas and his wife know just how I can get more sleep:  Take a pill they happen to indorse.  Speaking of pills.  I no longer have to spend money on fruits and vegetables, because now they come ground up and put in convenient capsules.  My life would be complete if I would only take those pills.

Much to Bill’s dismay, I have occasionally gotten mud on my shoes before I entered the car.  That is a problem of the past, because now I can get an easy-to-clean floor liner.  Plus those times that we drip anything on the stove top are no longer a problem.  All I need is the model number, a quick call to the stove liner people, and a credit card.  Problem solved.  My life would be complete with liners to protect the car floor and the stove top.

(Deep sigh.).  Yes, there are so many things that would make my life complete.  All I need is ….  I think I discovered a flaw in this blog.  I do believe I am listening to the wrong source.  Pillow man.  Groceries that deliver themselves.  An ex-governor.  People in ads selling pills, floor liners, and stove top liners.  Not one of those people knows me.  Not one of them cares about me.  Not a single one.  So how do I make my life complete?

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 

Philippians 4:19

(Light bulb moment)  Oh, I get it.  There is one who does care.  One who knows what I need.  One who will meet all my needs.  Thank you, God, for providing what I really need to make my life complete.

 

No comments: