Friday, December 01, 2006

GOD SENT A MIRACLE

I could say so many things about December. I look at December as the end of something old and the approach of something new. Yes, it does close one year and makes us prepare for the next, BUT December reminds us that one chapter in our history closed and another began. With the birth of one small baby, our lives changed. A baby sent for all – Jews and Gentiles, men and women. A baby that changed forever our relationship with God. A baby – visual proof of God’s love for us. A baby was born and one chapter closed (The Old Testament) and another began (The New Testament). God sent us a gift. It is up to us how we use it.

May you welcome God’s gift into every minute of your life.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.”

John 1:29-34

GOD SENT A MIRACLE

God said to the angel, “You are right.
These humans of mine aren’t very bright.
I gave them a world full of all they would need
and ten simple rules you think they could heed.

Now look at the mess they’ve made down there.
To straighten it out will take more than a prayer.
They’re asking for a miracle, so I’ll send them one.
A miracle indeed ---- I’ll send them my son!

They’ll want a soldier or, most likely, a king,
but I’ll send them a baby, a wee little thing.”
“What can a baby do?” the angel did ask.
“Can a baby live up to such a great task?”

“He’ll listen and learn as he grows up with man.
That, my dear angel, is part of the plan.
Yes!” God said. “I’ll send them my son.
Through faith in Him, freedom can be won.”

God was right on that first Christmas morn,
The world had a chance when that baby was born.
So don’t be a human, who’s not very bright,
Believe in Jesus and do what is right.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Yes, the world was perfect. Perfect until God created humans. We have messed it up, but then Jesus came for each of us. Do you know that God sent His Son to take away your sins?

LET US PRAY

Oh, thank you God, We would be lost without the redemption of Your Son. We have made a mess of things down here. It seems no matter how hard we try, things still go wrong. But it is not we, it is me. I try and try, but still mess things up. I do thank you for the gift of Jesus. The Lamb of God. My way to you. Without this gift, I would be lost. Without this gift I would be ………………………………… Amen

No comments: