Friday, September 05, 2008

GETTING READY

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: 1 CORINTHIANS 2:9

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

GETTING READY

Can you believe it is September? I am not sure where this year has gone, but it has gone fast. I think it is because this has been and will continue to be a year of getting ready and making decisions. So many decisions.

I am not sure if I mentioned this: We are retiring at the end of this year. Actually, sorta retiring. Bill manages farms and I do the office work. That part of our work we will turn over to others in the company. Bill will continue to sell farm real estate and do farm appraisals. He has also looked into part time jobs. Oh, more decisions.

I will spend more time with the children and grandkids, continue to cashier auctions, write and read. So, don't worry. We will be busy. We will just be getting rid of a LOT of responsibilities. We are getting ready to retire.

Part of this year was spent getting ready to move. We are very comfortable in our new home and most of the boxes are unpacked. There are still some in the back of a closet that will get unpacked someday -- maybe. We moved and now we are getting ready to do all those little things to the house you discover after you move in.

September is such a wonderful time to take a vacation. September 13 we are heading to Colorado and Yellowstone National Park so we are thinking about what to pack. Again, getting ready.

There have already been hints about Christmas gifts. So I am also getting ready for Christmas.

So many things in life to get ready for -- just plain ole growing up and all those life decisions: higher education, jobs, marriage, children, where to live. Come to think of it, getting ready has been going on my whole life, not just this year. Since I was born, I have been getting ready.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What are you getting ready for?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

My dear God, Right now my life is consumed by the demands of day-to-day living. It seems there is never enough time. I have to ______________________________. This person and that person needs me to ________________________. Dear God, give me time each day to get ready. Time to prepare for the most important part of my life. Give me time for You. Time to get ready so my eyes will see, by ears will hear and my mind will conceive all you have prepared for me. Amen.

No comments: