Friday, September 19, 2008

CLEAN WINDOWS

TODAY'S SCRIPTURES ACTS 9: parts of 8-18

Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing.

The Lord told him (Ananias), "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord-- Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here--has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit." Immediately something like scales fell from Saul's eyes and he could see again. he got up and was baptized.

CLEAN WINDOWS

The windows are finally clean. We kept putting this off for a number of reasons, one of which is that I feel so frustrated when I wash windows. I have tried every suggestion and I am still the queen of streaked windows. Also, the window washing had to wait. We were getting the house pressure washed to get rid of that yucky gree stuff decorating the siding and did not want to wash the windows until that was done. The house received a bath, so there were no more excuses. It was time to attack the windows.

Know what I found out? There is a very nice man who has a window washing service. He and his daughter washed our windows--all of them--in the time it would have taken me to get the ladder out. One of the things I really, really, really like about our house is the the big windows. One of the things I really, really, really like about a window cleaning service is that someone else got on top of a very tall ladder (and on the roof) to wash those windows.

Boy do our windows look better. You can actually see out without looking through smudges. WE have a completely new outlook on life. We can see!

Sorta like Saul. He had an eye problem. He saw the world through the eyes of hate. Then Saul encountered Jesus. Then he really had an eye problem--he could not see at all. What to do? Enter Ananias. With the touch of his hand, Saul could see. Ananias, like our window washer, cleaned Saul's eyes so he could see. So he could see with new vision. The vision of Jesus.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you have anything covering your eyes? Are you willing to allow others help you see?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Jesus, I know sometimes that my vision is blurry. I allow the world to cloud my vision. And sometimes I just close my eyes so I don't see. Touch my eyes. Clear my vision. Clear my vision so I can see the wonders of your creation. So I can see the vision of Jesus. So I can see.....Amen

No comments: